chocolate peanut
dog photography
the story        shop        articles        ecards        the social scene        blog        contact

 
       
Tuesday, March 18, 2008
First Class
A couple of weeks ago, I flew a long way to my new home. That Saturday I hung out in a Florida airport with Anna, my breeder and first mom, waiting for my new mom to arrive. She kept calling Anna on the cell phone saying that flights were cancelled due to weather, but by early afternoon, two flights opened up and she grabbed a seat on one of them. She says she sat in the Atlanta airport all day watching flight after flight get cancelled due to weather and gates changing every few minutes. The anticipation of our meeting probably was fueling her energy to run from terminal to terminal which she says are like a mile apart from each other.

The plan was she would whisk me away and we'd fly back North all within the same day. But weather is a tricky thing in the South, so I got to spend one more night in the only home I knew with the bonus of my new mom in the guest bedroom. And most importantly, I spent one more night with my real mommy, Maybelline, and my buddy Boris, a minpin.

We drove to the airport the next morning. Anna said, "love you" as we got out of the car, and I was back in that airport where I was waiting around in the day before. This time my new mom and I were leaving for good. After we got the boarding passes—I had to have a ticket too—she loaded me into a soft dufflebag-like traveler's dog crate only to be taken out again in the security area. Those uniformed women looked really tough, but melted when they saw me. Then it was off on a plane back to Atlanta, but we didn't stay there for long and boarded another plane headed North. And then guess what? We got on a big plane and, even better, we rode First Class! I flew home in style! I got to poke my head out of the bag. Rooooomy. We flew into an airport in New York City. We sat there for hours as our final flight to Providence, Rhode Island, was delayed. The waiting area got really cold and mom noticed the bag I was in was starting to really shake. She pulled me out and put me in her warm lap. I think that's when our bond started.

Finally we arrived in Providence where we got into a car and drove for a while to my new home. I met the gang...two big dogs and a smaller one that looked kinda like me. I love my new home...more to come....

oh, my name is Betty....

Labels: , , , ,


1 Comments:

Blogger Souled said...

betty is so cute...

8:36 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Share
My Photo
About Us
Chocolatpeanut.com
is a site dedicated to the memory of a special chocolate lab whose nickname was "chocolate peanut"...and now we (2 frenchies and 2 shorthairs) carry on her spirit of grabbing life by the paws...check in on us often as we have a lot to say

We live in: New England, USA

Our bloggers are Betty, Miles, Cali, and sometimes Cookie

Our Other Pages
  • see us in action on youtube
  • connect with us on facebook
  • follow us on twitter
  • see our pretty blog
  • buy neat stuff!


  • Previous Posts
  • a few of my fave things
  • New Look







  • Powered by Blogger


     Subscribe in a reader