chocolate peanut
dog photography
the story        shop        articles        ecards        the social scene        blog        contact

 
       
Tuesday, April 01, 2008
Earth Hour
Betty: On March 29 at 8pm, we observed Earth Hour. The computers, the tv, the lights, everything with a switch went off. I watched mom go from room to room scrambling to make sure that each room was dark when she left it. We all gathered in the kitchen area. Candles were lit, a fire was brewing in the fireplace, and we're thinking why is she making it seem like a power outage? She absolutely dislikes those...such an inconvenience for her. This may have been an exercise in discipline, but it was really a lesson on patience. She didn't sit still for the whole hour. If she sat down, she got back up to check the fire, to pick up one of us, glare at the candles, or to look out the window wondering who else was participating on the block. She didn't want to see a single light bulb on anywhere. A car didn't even go by. Here's some after hour reflection:

Betty: Cookie where were you?

Cookie: I was buried in the foof trying to get some sleep.

Miles: I was cozy by the fire, although I was a little confused. Candles...a fire...I thought some girls were coming over for a romantic evening.

Cali: Turn off that thing will ya? Where was the switch to turn that thing off?

Miles: You talkin' 'bout me?

Betty: I was in mom's lap looking at the groovy candles.

Cali: Yeah? So was I, even though I'm 20 times bigger than you, she always manages to have me sit in her lap. That's me in the picture eyeballing those candles.

Cookie: The hour lasted way too long for mom. When I looked up, she'd be looking at the clock.

Betty: So do you think we can observe this more often? I thought it was relaxing.

Miles: It was soooo quiet.

Cookie: Rare around here.

Cali: Oh maybe we can do it again. I thought it was relaxing too even though mom was up and down. I think she was contributing to the overall statement about climate change...I think that's how she put it. We probably make a big carbon pawprint.

Betty: I bet at some point everything is going to have a carbon footprint label like food has a nutrition label.

Miles: Oh Betty, that'll be good for you...you like licking feet, the bigger the better....

Betty: I agree with Cali, turn that thing off!

Miles: You talkin' 'bout me?

Labels: , , ,


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Share
My Photo
About Us
Chocolatpeanut.com
is a site dedicated to the memory of a special chocolate lab whose nickname was "chocolate peanut"...and now we (2 frenchies and 2 shorthairs) carry on her spirit of grabbing life by the paws...check in on us often as we have a lot to say

We live in: New England, USA

Our bloggers are Betty, Miles, Cali, and sometimes Cookie

Our Other Pages
  • see us in action on youtube
  • connect with us on facebook
  • follow us on twitter
  • see our pretty blog
  • buy neat stuff!


  • Previous Posts
  • Weekend Retreat
  • First Class
  • a few of my fave things
  • New Look







  • Powered by Blogger


     Subscribe in a reader