chocolate peanut
dog photography
the story        shop        articles        ecards        the social scene        blog        contact

 
       
Tuesday, May 20, 2008
The Chase
This picture just cracks us all up looking at it. Cali finds a toy in the backyard and starts running with it. Then us two little bugs go flying after her with our short little legs busting a gut and getting big air. But if I get into Betty's airspace, she gets all under my space. So we have our "running conversation" until we've lost track of where Cali is or run into something. I can just see mom in the background dying laughing. She can hardly take the pics. But she did manage to get us in focus, to a degree. We are quite a pair.

When we run it sounds like a bunch of racehorses, even though we're the size of footballs. One moment you can hear the rumble and if you blink, we're gone. Mom is used to the length and beauty of Cali running with her long legs and long stride. In the field she is a beautiful deer covering the ground without effort. It's obvious that we cannot catch up to her, but I try, and that's when mom loses it. I stretch my short little legs and catch some big air. I've seen some pics and I actually look like I'm flying. Frenchies do fly.

Look at us, aren't we quite the portrait? When Betty stands beside me, it's not for long. She doesn't let me beg with her...oh no. That's somehow become her area. Mom's leg is Area 51, no going there. Just the little alien herself. She gives me that "hell is a dark place" look coupled with that little high-pitched growl...eek! Then she jumps me...not in the way I like. It's another thing that makes mom laugh.

Betty is all noise, though. Sure she pounces on me, but then rolls over on her face because I perform the quick side move to the left...gets her every time. And to add to it, she tries to steal my food. Why do I look like the easy guy? Because I am, I guess. I live with three girls and they are all pushy. But I love them. I know I'm a pushover, but that's how I get all the attention. But enough about me.

Look at me, I can run faster than Betty...for now. I'm so full of myself.

—Miles ^..^

Labels: , , , ,


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Share
My Photo
About Us
Chocolatpeanut.com
is a site dedicated to the memory of a special chocolate lab whose nickname was "chocolate peanut"...and now we (2 frenchies and 2 shorthairs) carry on her spirit of grabbing life by the paws...check in on us often as we have a lot to say

We live in: New England, USA

Our bloggers are Betty, Miles, Cali, and sometimes Cookie

Our Other Pages
  • see us in action on youtube
  • connect with us on facebook
  • follow us on twitter
  • see our pretty blog
  • buy neat stuff!


  • Previous Posts
  • Girls...
  • A Model Citizen
  • Earth Hour
  • Weekend Retreat
  • First Class
  • a few of my fave things
  • New Look







  • Powered by Blogger


     Subscribe in a reader