chocolate peanut
dog photography
the story        shop        articles        ecards        the social scene        blog        contact

 
       
Wednesday, May 12, 2010
Betty, MD
I suppose I'll hog the blog today. I posted last time and it's probably not my turn to go again, but I saw this photo of me on the computer in a folder called "MD". It's impressive that my photo should be in a doctor's folder. Mom always says how smart I am. I'm not sure I want to ask her what "MD" means or this great image in my head of intelligence on a medical level might be deflated into a canine conundrum.

However, I'm not too sure what me in a hay field has to do with medicine. Could it be something related to hay fever? Not sure, because none of us suffer from that. Maybe I'm being too literal. Perhaps it has to do with the time I had pneumonia? Nah, this photo was taken a year after that. Oh wait, I know...maybe it has to do with the fact that she calls me Nurse Betty a lot because I like to make my rounds in the morning and look into every room to see where everyone sleeps. Miles sometimes sleeps in other rooms. If he finds something really soft at night like the chair or the couch or even a dog bed on the floor before bedtime, he tends to end up in that spot for the night. Cali always sleeps in the same room with mom (on the floor—but on a nice plush bed). Cookie sleeps on the couch downstairs, and I like to go jump on her and say "wake up"! She really doesn't like it when I do that.

Mom watches a lot of doctor shows on TV, could it be that? Or is she secretly learning how to be a doctor and we don't know it? She has a lot of medical books and uses words like "diagnosis", "atrial fibrillation", and "recovery" lately, but then I'll hear the word "dad" in the same sentence meaning her dad. I just don't have an idea why my photo is in that folder. There's other photos in there too...some sheep, some horses, that dog who tried to chase me once. I got it! It's veterinary medicine. She's studying to become a vet?

Then she said something to me and the canine conundrum was deflated even more to a simple case of "duh".  MD stands for Maryland. We visited her cousin there last year on a huge farm mom refers to as Southfork. Oh well, I like my initial idea better. Just call me Betty, MD.

Visiting hours are about to end, time for a nap.
Betty em dee

Labels: , , , , ,


2 Comments:

Blogger Petsitgal said...

Hello Betty!
I must say, Miss Betty, you sure do have an advanced vocabulary for a such a little doggie! Maybe the fact that you are from France helps you be sooo smart, huh?
Anyway, I could just picture you peeking into each room in the morning to make sure everyone is doing what they're supposed to do! You really ought to be an MD beclaws you like to stay on top of everything! Too bad MD means Maryland but from now on you are a medical doctor in my world!
-Daisy the Coonhound-

7:48 PM  
Blogger chocolatepeanut.com said...

hey daisy

back a long time ago when mom said we were going to blog, she almost flipped when she heard the words i used...the others don't have the vocab i do...i think it's because i sit in mom's lap all day...maybe her pants are smart and by the process of osmosis...hhmmm, maybe that's why everyone around here calls me smarty pants...

8:28 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Share
My Photo
About Us
Chocolatpeanut.com
is a site dedicated to the memory of a special chocolate lab whose nickname was "chocolate peanut"...and now we (2 frenchies and 2 shorthairs) carry on her spirit of grabbing life by the paws...check in on us often as we have a lot to say

We live in: New England, USA

Our bloggers are Betty, Miles, Cali, and sometimes Cookie

Our Other Pages
  • see us in action on youtube
  • connect with us on facebook
  • follow us on twitter
  • see our pretty blog
  • buy neat stuff!


  • Previous Posts
  • Pick me up
  • Remembering Earth Day
  • I love my girls
  • A whole new medium
  • It's a new year!
  • Blogging and tweeting, not barking
  • Birthday mom
  • Birthday boy
  • It's been awhile...
  • My trip south







  • Powered by Blogger


     Subscribe in a reader