chocolate peanut
dog photography
the story        shop        articles        ecards        the social scene        blog        contact

 
       
Friday, July 16, 2010
What?
The past few mornings when I wake up my ears have been bothering me, especially my left ear, so I dig into them with my back foot. That drives mom crazy, especially when I start snorting, which means I'm really digging in there and probably causing more trouble. This morning I was really going at it, and I wish mom hadn't caught me. But my ear looked like it was falling off so I wasn't hiding it well. This morning I probably needed mom's help and since my one ear was red, she decided to fix it.

She woke up and started looking in cabinets. She gathered a handful of bottles, cotton balls, Qtips, and something from the refrigerator which wasn't ear drops (where are her readers?), instead found that bottle in her doctor bag. She took me outside and put me in her lap. First she took her liquid dispenser thing and put some of it in my ear, rubbed my ears to hear that liquidy sound, and then wiped out the excess. She carefully took the Qtips and found what looked like fudge in the caves. I couldn't believe I collected all that, but my ears are sorta big and can catch a lot of things. Then she put the medicine drops in and rubbed my ears again. She doesn't really like it when I shake my head since the liquid sprays out of my ears and onto her shirt and face. She kissed my face and let me go shake it all out. This picture of me doesn't really show what I look like when my ear is hanging halfway to the floor, but I can tell you, I'm not really happy in this photo.

My brother waddled around the yard eating grass and sniffing dirt, but kept a safe distance from me since he wanted no part of what was happening to me. Mom doesn't really like it when he goes sniffing around because he always shows up at her feet looking like this. I don't know why he does it because he really doesn't like it when mom puts the paper towel to his face. Boys are gross.

Have a good weekend,
Betty

Labels: , , ,


2 Comments:

Blogger Kitty+Coco said...

Oh your poor ear(s). Ear fudge is not very sweet. Did you fight your mom all the way while she put those drops in? We sure hope you are giving the scratching a rest. I too have had the ear itchies, and mom looked and looked and didn't see a thing. I tried to tell her it was little gnats that I imagined were still haunting me from outside. Anyway, my sister Coco likes to eat gross things too. Ick!

Kitty and Coco

11:45 PM  
Blogger chocolatepeanut.com said...

I let her fix my one ear, but I didn't cooperate much with my problem ear, but she told me it's for my own good to give in and let her fix it. My ears feel pretty good now, I haven't scratched them in a couple days! I admit I do like to eat dried worms in the yard when mom's not looking...but when mom sees me, I grab it and swallow it really fast and come running to her before she calls me. I love food in any form. Coco looks like me, people think I'm a Boston.

Betty

10:06 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Share
My Photo
About Us
Chocolatpeanut.com
is a site dedicated to the memory of a special chocolate lab whose nickname was "chocolate peanut"...and now we (2 frenchies and 2 shorthairs) carry on her spirit of grabbing life by the paws...check in on us often as we have a lot to say

We live in: New England, USA

Our bloggers are Betty, Miles, Cali, and sometimes Cookie

Our Other Pages
  • see us in action on youtube
  • connect with us on facebook
  • follow us on twitter
  • see our pretty blog
  • buy neat stuff!


  • Previous Posts
  • Oh my aching back
  • Thunder and lightning is frightening oh my!
  • Gee, I'm three!
  • Press the panic button
  • Pet therapy
  • Helping me help her
  • Call me "the man"
  • Betty, MD
  • Pick me up
  • Remembering Earth Day







  • Powered by Blogger


     Subscribe in a reader