chocolate peanut
dog photography
the story        shop        articles        ecards        the social scene        blog        contact

 
       
Thursday, August 19, 2010
Fetch those shoes, the running ones
I really think the flea issue is in control now. There may be a rogue flea hiding somewhere, but I don't have any on me today and no little black dots either. I'm getting used to the comb a little more each day. The other day mom was a hurricane spinning out of control shaking out beds, washing, sweeping, bathing, combing, and she wasn't even feeling all that great.

She's got way too much on her plate these days. She's been really busy in front of her computer or running errands, but she's been complaining that she hasn't worked out in a while. Worked out what, I don't know. Maybe it has to do with running down the street or swinging small heavy things around. Miles and I always bark at her when she swings those things around. They're balls with handles and she looks like a dork doing it, so we yell at her and tell her so. Cali runs with mom when it's not so hot outside, so they're looking forward to the fall months so they can get back into a running routine together. When mom runs alone she has white ear plugs with wires that go into her shirt...hhmm. Don't bother talking to her when she has those on, she can't hear. She says they make her run faster some days and farther other days. When Cali catches wind of mom putting on her special running clothes, she campaigns really hard, begging mom to take her too. Mom did a triathlon last year at this time, but I don't think she's in any shape to do that now, so I think I'll tell Cali to fetch her running shoes so she can get the hint. I wish she'd get back into some form of exercise though. She's even nicer.

There's also that thing she does in front of the TV where she stretches and gets into a pretzel. I even help her when she gets in some positions. I walk over and lick the sweat off. When she goes into a "down dog", I think she's wanting to play with me like she's talking my talk. Sometimes when she's struggling in one of those positions, I like to chew her big toe. And at the end, when she's lying on the floor dead, she grabs me and stretches my back legs on her stomach and my front legs on her chest and gives me a kiss on my nose. Doga is fun.

Do you help your human exercise? Well, time for my power nap.
Betty

Labels: , , , , , , , ,


1 Comments:

Blogger K-9 Katastrophe said...

How fun! I love when my Mommy does that strange thing called yoga. She looks so funny. I am going to ask her to help me do some doga!

Doxie love,
Ruthie

11:41 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Share
My Photo
About Us
Chocolatpeanut.com
is a site dedicated to the memory of a special chocolate lab whose nickname was "chocolate peanut"...and now we (2 frenchies and 2 shorthairs) carry on her spirit of grabbing life by the paws...check in on us often as we have a lot to say

We live in: New England, USA

Our bloggers are Betty, Miles, Cali, and sometimes Cookie

Our Other Pages
  • see us in action on youtube
  • connect with us on facebook
  • follow us on twitter
  • see our pretty blog
  • buy neat stuff!


  • Previous Posts
  • Whose afraid of the silver?
  • Purpose
  • What would your human be?
  • Birthday hangover
  • Birthday playdate
  • Ladies luncheon
  • The experiment
  • Sensory overload
  • To sniff or not to sniff...
  • Miles Daisies







  • Powered by Blogger


     Subscribe in a reader