chocolate peanut
dog photography
the story        shop        articles        ecards        the social scene        blog        contact

 
       
Thursday, August 12, 2010
Purpose
Oh no, Cali's gonna be maaad at me when she sees today's blog. I mean she steps all over me and tosses me around enough during her fits of excitement like I'm not even there. I'm vertically challenged and all. It's not a vindictive thing. I just really want to talk about mom and how crafty she is. I've heard her say things like: "I want to do things on a larger scale", or "I need to get myself on the board", or "I need to take part in some effort", and "I can't even look at another big achiever or I feel like a dud".

Here's what I think of all that: Poo. I know there's a ton of people in the world and sometimes I bet you've even said there's too many, but I think we all play our part and get things done whether it's on a grand scale like heading some huge rescue effort to making something small like knitting a sweater that keeps even one dog warm. Or maybe it's just taking a recycled grocery bag and making a diaper because...well...Cali's in heat. SShhh. Mom doesn't want a bunch of stray dogs scratching at our door. But back to the bigger picture. We do important things all the time everyday, even if not a single person other than yourself knows what it is. We all have purpose and it doesn't take a huge effort and self-exploration to find it. Sometimes the answer is there and we don't realize it.

Mom creates brochures that are seen by a lot of people. The subject ranges from coral reef conservation, the lives of dolphins, or a new exhibit featuring some really exotic animals to visit. She even brought the idea of pet therapy to some people in the world when she published her documentary on the subject years ago. Today she had a deadline to finish a brochure about how cool dolphins are and how people can appreciate them and the oceans they live in. But first she realized she left Cali's diaper at my dad's house. So she searched everywhere for a piece of material or something as a temporary fix. She used a recycled grocery bag that was so beat up that she thought that would do. So how does all this relate to each other? All this sense of purpose and makeshift diapers? I don't know. I'm a dog!

Go make something of yourselves,
Betty

Labels: , , ,


6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're very special Betty!

Wiggles and licks,
Brodie The Yellow Lab

5:57 PM  
Blogger chocolatepeanut.com said...

Aww, thanks Brodie. Do you have a blog we can follow?

7:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not yet. But my human is thinking about making one. It would be a kookoo blog though because my eight brothers and sisters would try to steal the spotlight from me!

Wiggles and licks
Brodie the Yellow Lab

6:03 AM  
Blogger Kitty+Coco said...

Your mom sounds like a superstar to us! Mom struggles with feeling down too. She is an artist, but makes a living with an office job. Doesn't really do much for her confidence, but we love her and give her surprise mouth sugars (which she loves).

Kitty and Coco

10:19 PM  
Blogger chocolatepeanut.com said...

thanks kitty and coco, it can get heavy trying to lift a human spirit. we just snuggle or goof around to make her laugh, but miss cali the overachiever has to go and bring things to her...

betty

8:54 AM  
Blogger K-9 Katastrophe said...

Hi Cali, Miles and Betty! I just wanted to let you know that we have a blog now! Yippeee!!

licks of love,
Brodie The Yellow Lab

6:34 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Share
My Photo
About Us
Chocolatpeanut.com
is a site dedicated to the memory of a special chocolate lab whose nickname was "chocolate peanut"...and now we (2 frenchies and 2 shorthairs) carry on her spirit of grabbing life by the paws...check in on us often as we have a lot to say

We live in: New England, USA

Our bloggers are Betty, Miles, Cali, and sometimes Cookie

Our Other Pages
  • see us in action on youtube
  • connect with us on facebook
  • follow us on twitter
  • see our pretty blog
  • buy neat stuff!


  • Previous Posts
  • What would your human be?
  • Birthday hangover
  • Birthday playdate
  • Ladies luncheon
  • The experiment
  • Sensory overload
  • To sniff or not to sniff...
  • Miles Daisies
  • Nap time
  • Issues? Me?







  • Powered by Blogger


     Subscribe in a reader